Mmmm Hummus

Saturday, November 6, 2010


I was recently asked on formspring to post my diet.  I don’t really follow an everyday menu, so this is pretty much a list of what I follow

BREAKFEST

I normally eat 1 egg taco (egg whites on corn tortillas) or two bananas and another piece of fruit

For workout days, I’ll eat a Van’s gluten free waffle (naturally sweetened with fruit juices) with bananas and all natural organic peanut butter (so sugar or salt added)

LUNCH /DINNER (lunch tends to be my biggest meal of the day)
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Steamed veggies on gluten free pasta (no sauce of any kind)
  • Grilled veggies (summer squash, zucchini, broccoli)
  • Black beans
  • Turnip greens
  • Avocados
  • Fish/grilled chicken/grilled turkey (I make extra so I can have some for lunch the next day)
  • Red bell peppers
SNACKS
  • Bananas /oranges/
  • Watermelon
  • Carrots
  • Nuts (cashews, peanuts, pecans, Brazil nuts)
  • Roasted red pepper Hummus 

My husband and I do a lot of cooking at home. We stay away from dairy and I stay away from soy. I’ve learned just to give up all milk products. When I need to cook with a milk type product I use rice milk.  We also like to do vegan days, where we nothing but vegan. We try not to eat as much meat. 

I try to keep my calorie intake between 1200 to 1800. I don’t want to hit my weight loss plateau just yet, so I keep changing up the time I work out and the things I eat. One thing I noticed is when I cut down on the eating, it was getting harder and harder for me to get up to 1200 calories.  That’s where the snacks came into help. I like to buy the planters mixed nuts with sea salt, and I love hummus. I just love to dip carrots and snack on hummus. Now I can understand why the people in the movie “You Don’t Mess with the Zohan” always put hummus on everything.  Lol.

My favorite hummus if from Jason’s deli and the wal mart brand hummus(I think it’s called market fresh or something).  My favorite flavor happens to be the roasted red pepper flavor. They do have a garlic flavor that I really really want to try. I am a nerd for garlic, I put it in almost everything I eat!



I have weird allergies… I am allergic to cinnamon, the skins of apples, cilantro and almonds.

2 comments:

Khristina said...

Wow, you sure do blog alot! I did like this one alot! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Khristina said...

opps, i meant to post on the bird one.