61lbs gone...

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Achoooo!

 
It has been pretty much over a year since I started my weight loss journey. The end of November 2011 brings my total weight loss to 61lbs gone. I have gone from a size 22 pant size to a size 14. I am really proud of myself. Not bad considering that I fell off the “diet” band wagon in the middle of the year. None the less I have met my original personal goal, fit into a size 14 jean.

I know everyone likes to start New Years resolutions. I personally don’t like to make big plans. Things can change dramatically in a year. Instead I like to set small goals that will help me meet my ultimate personal goal. For the year of 2012 I want my total weight loss to be 100lbs. It sounds like a lot to lose, but that’s only 39lbs to lose. I am already 10 lbs lighter than I was when I met my husband in 2004. I had always been on the chubby side growing up, but that’s around the time I gained a lot of weight. It was a mixture of over eating because my dad had died the year before and then it was a mixture of over eating because my husband, who has a high metabolism, ate a lot.

The first small goal is to lose 10 lbs for my birthday, which is Valentine’s Day. I plan to lose the 10lbs by ass kicking work outs and eating super healthy. I am going to cut out fried foods, cut down on meat consumption and give up the sweet delicious scones from star bucks. With Christmas on the way, I am only going to allow myself that day to eat sweets, but I also plan on doing a super duper ass kicking workout….

My work outs have been consisting on toning my thighs and butt, and trying to tone my arms. Most of the weight I have lost has been from my lower body and the chest area. I am still hanging on to the weight in my stomach and arms. I would really love a gym membership so I can get back in to weight lifting and have access to new types of exercise. I have more energy and am less tired so my work outs are more enjoyable. I feel like I can really challenge myself though, I think that’s why I have been trying to ways to feel the burn.

1 comments:

StellarCheri said...

Myra! you look amazing! I can totally relate with husbands with high metabolisms who like to eat a lot. :( You're amazing! I am struggling with my last twenty lbs! i need some motivation! Can i borrow some of yours?