Walking

Friday, August 19, 2011

Yesterday evening was a great evening to walk. This time we didn’t stray too far from home and we even walked out 6 year old Chihuahua, Gizmo. Again we cut off into trails in the woods. It was amazing. You could hear small birds with big songs, hopping from tree to tree in the pine and oak canopies. I brought my camera this time to get fantastic shots, but as I turned the camera to get my first shot, the batteries died. Do’oh! I really need to check these kinds of things before I leave the house. Lol.

I didn’t notice how sore I was from the day before until I started to jog a bit. Everything from my mid torso to my calves was a little tight. I took it easy, because I didn’t want to push my luck and feel like complete and utter shit the next day. I am crazy about the weather in the evenings, low humidity and in the mid to upper 70’s. A welcome break from the insanely high humidity and uppers 90’s. Whew, summer time in the south is murder. This however is my favorite time of year. I love how the seasons change. You can just feel in the air that fall is slowly approaching. The position of the sun triggers nostalgia. It’s just the perfect time to get back on track and take charge of my life again. Right now, I am not really concerned about losing a whole mess of weight; I am more concerned about feeling better and eating right. If anything weight loss is a perk. It just really really feels good to cut out gluten and working on getting sugar out my life again.

I found out yesterday that one of my aunts have colon cancer. This is devastating to me! I just wish I could be back home in Texas right now. I just really hate being so far away and knowing so little. Hopefully my trip back to Texas will come sooner than later.

0 comments: