My Experience With Weight Training

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I know when people think of weight training, they think of super huge body builders.  Weight training is the use of resistance methods like free weights, weight machines, resistance bands, or a person's own weight to build muscles and strength. Power lifting tends to focus on how much weight a person can lift at one time. Some women worry that they will bulk up if they start weight training. This is false, because women do not have enough testosterone in their body.  If you lift weights day after day for hours at a time then you'll start to bulk up.

I have been lifting a little bit of weights for 3 weeks already. So far my upper body has toned up pretty good. The body fat seems like it is starting to melt away. It’s pretty awesome. I have lost maybe two inches from each upper arm and maybe one inch from my chest area.  It really feels good to see that I am starting to notice a difference in my body.  Since I've been gaining muscle, i haven't lost any weight. I've been hovering around the same weight for 3 weeks now.

10 pound dumbbell

 The benefits for weight training are:
  • ·         Strengthens bones in women
  • ·         Helps you raise your metabolism
  • ·         Helps you with your endurance and makes you stronger
  • ·         The more muscle you have the more calories you burn
  • ·         Increased lean muscle mass
  • ·         Helps prevent injury
  • ·         Improves your balance
  • ·         Improves your coordination
  • ·         Boosts your self-esteem
  • ·         Decreased risk of coronary disease
    What i use: Gold's gym curl bar with 25lbs and 2 10lbs dumbbells
     

    0 comments: