Dinner plans for Thanksgiving (aka That Holiday of Gluttony)

Monday, November 8, 2010


So, as thanksgiving is creeping up, I am having a hard time trying to figure out what I want to cook for my family. Only my husband is eating the same type of “diet” as I am, and the rest of my family pretty much eats bad anything. How do you cook for a group of people who don’t care about what they eat? Easy, you focus on yourself first and then consider what they would like to eat. After all you are the one that is working in the kitchen all day cooking for them. Lol. I am going to make two different kinds of corn bread stuffing. One gluten free (for my husband and I) and one regular. I am still not sure on the sides I am going to make, but I have come up with a small list:

Dinner
  • The Turkey
  • Gluten free stuffing and regular stuffing
  • Some kind of potato (mashed or oven roasted)
  • Steamed summer squash and zucchini
  • Asparagus
  • Dinner rolls (I won’t be eating)
Dessert
  • Apple and peach pie (I also wont be eating)
  • Fruit cup (melons, grapes, coconut and pineapples)

There’s really no sense in stuffing your face full of food on Thanksgiving. Seems like these days people focus more on eating than spending time with their family. Thanksgiving is so gluttonous. Do we really need all that food? Also dont forget to thank the person that cooked the meal, it's an ass kicking meal to make.

0 comments: