|| Gym Time ||

Wednesday, February 22, 2012


Soooooooooo, I finally got my gym membership Monday. Yesterday was the first day, and it was overwhelming at first. There are so many machines and so many possibilities. It seriously feels like I am starting this weight loss journey all over again.  I guess I would consider this the second chapter in the weight loss story. Seems like everything I did before this was to prepare me for harder workouts.
The gym membership came at the right time. I quit my job at the Gap, due to soaring gas prices. I have been feeling pretty useless and restless at home. Also my birthday had just passed and I used my birthday an excuse to eat awful. Lol. It was worth it….. to a point. I normally don’t consume sugary coffee drinks, drink a lot of beer or eat pizza. My body instantly got addicted to the sugar. I find myself craving sugar all day. I haven’t given in since my birthday, which is good.

Yesterday’s first trip to the gym was amazing. I did a little bit of everything to get the hang out how the machines work.  After experimenting with the weight machines I focused roughly over 40 minutes to cardio and an hour on upper body work outs. I am glad that my endurance has gone up. 75 lbs ago I wouldn’t have been able to keep up with any work out and felt embarrassed. I probably wouldn’t have gone back. Lol. But I am grateful that I have worked so hard on my body. Now it’s time to work even harder.

My arms felt like putty yesterday after the work out. Thankfully my arms don’t feel as bad as I anticipated. I feel like I can do a little upper body work outs today. Though I should just do a little so I can let my muscles heal properly. I am going to focus on getting as much cardio in and then work on my legs.

My new short term goal is to lose 20 lbs by the end of May. The new long term goal for the year is to have a total of 40 pounds gone.  This feels like an overall realistic goal. I am only 25 lbs away from meeting my all time goal of losing 100 pounds. 2012

0 comments: