Trying to overcome insecurities

Monday, January 9, 2012

We all have certain parts of our bodies that we are insecure about. When your body starts changing due to weight loss, it can be hard to change the way you view things. Often times one might still see themselves at their heaviest while they are in the best shape of their lives.

It is always better to push yourself to try new things. New ways of how you view yourself. As humans, we are constantly changing, and growing into something better. Trying to evolve. Trying to grow. Insecurities are the one of many things that hold us back and keep us from becoming better people.

This is where I am at in my weight loss journey. I am trying to grow into a new person. I have been trying new styles of clothing, new hair styles, and just trying to adjust my views on life. The one simple, tiny, little thing that I can’t get over is my arms. To me it’s a huge deal. I still view myself as I was when I was close to 70 pounds heavier. It’s silly. I know it’s silly, but it’s just one of those things I can’t get over yet.

Normally I tend to wear cardigans to cover my arms. Today I put on my favorite Old Navy shirt and went for a walk down town. It was invigorating and at the same time nerve racking. Sometimes it’s just better to push yourself and say “fuck it”. I look forward to summer time now. I still can’t believe that I have lost close to 70 pounds. It’s insane. As more weight melts away, I gain more confidence. Of course I have moments of weakness, but that’s only natural. And that’s when I push myself into my workouts. If I know a certain part of my body is bothering me, I tend to visualize that part getting smaller as I work out. And of course I am always thinking about my arms. Lol.

I really wonder how much weight I will lose in 2012? I keep pushing myself to eat healthier and make healthier choices. I never thought that this whole dieting thing would be easy. at first it was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life. But making healthy choices just comes natural now. And as each day goes by I am grateful that I have turned my life around. I was for sure on the fast track to type 2 diabetes and possibly high blood pressure. I haven’t really had and desire for sodas and fast food. I’ve just have a strong repulsion towards soda. Can’t imagine how a think corn syrup drink can be refreshing. Actually, just the thought of a soda burns my throat.

2 comments:

StellarCheri said...

You're amazing and its not silly to hate parts of your body even after significant weight loss. I feel the same about my stomach, after a baby and 52 lbs lost it has a lot of excess skin and when i mention my hatred for it, i usually get the typical "oh but look how far you've come". Yes i do understand how far i've come and im very proud of it but it sucks to work harder than you ever have in your life to to feel healthier and to have confidence only to still have one part that you have no control over. The more i lose the worse it gets. I love reading your blog posts- very inspriational. <3

Myrahhh said...

Oh man, My stomach will be one thing I know I will have no control over. It seems like no matter what I do, no work out seems to make it go down more. Lol, but I can be at peace knowing that my spanx will smooth it out. Rofl.

<3