Nothing is Something Worth Doing

Tuesday, January 4, 2011


I did a little bit of journaling whenever I had the chance. I didn’t have internet access for a good bit, and really didn’t feel like hauling my lap with me to find a free wifi hotspot. I didn’t journal as much as I would have liked, but something is better than nothing. :)

December 19th 2010 – The key to a happy life is to keep experiencing new things. To learn who we are deep inside is a lot easier than you would think.  You cannot have any success with weight loss if you don’t dig deep in yourself and keep putting yourself down.  Changing the way you think is the first key to any thing you are setting your mind too. Everyone’s goal in life is to experience new things.  Don’t think of weight loss as a tedious task… just think of it as a new experience. once you start to realize that you can do anything you set your mind to, you’ll learn that losing weight really isn’t as hard as it seems. Just don’t keep obsessing on the weight, keep your mind on how you feel. 

December 20th 2010 – I have been drinking a lot off Izzy Sodas lately. Even though it doesn’t have “sugar” and it is all natural, fruit juice is still a sugar. I need to slow down or cut it out completely before I start getting addicted to it. Lol. Being an ex-hardcore soda drinker, this is the last thing I need. I don’t need anything to replace the addiction to soda. 

December 26th 2010 – We have been here in Georgia since the 3rd.  I have been doing a lot of emotional eating. In this case it’s nostalgic.  When I first met my husband back in October 2004, it became almost like a ritual to go out to eat in Downtown Savannah. We would find new things to try and discover what we liked and didn’t like. It’s pretty nice to be here and follow almost the same footsteps. I can feel deep in my soul that I am genuinely happy. I haven’t been too worried about my weight, but I have been focusing on what’s healthy. In diets, it tends to be really strict and sometimes I feel like you are not allowed to have fun with your food. But what I just discovered in these few weeks is you can make eating healthy pleasing to the soul. We as humans, tend to follow the same footsteps that will lead us to remembering the good times. What if we started a new ritual, what if we tied healthy food to good times? In this case, I have a strong obsession for an avocado sandwich from the brighter day health food store near Forsyth Park in Savannah Georgia. It has slices of avocado, veganaise, sprouts, red onions Swiss cheese on gluten free bread. I don’t know what is about this sandwich, but I cannot get enough of it. I am always extremely happy when I have this sandwich.  Also, one of my favorite things to do on the weekends here was to grab a sandwich from Publix, Lenny’s, or Larry’s Giant subs. There’s just something about a good sandwich that just makes me weak in the knees. Lol. I guess it’s just the whole experience in grabbing a sandwich and enjoying it on a beautiful day.

January 3rd 2011 - So it’s the New Year’s… people always use this time of year to start something new, to change and to improve themselves. I personally don’t care about New Year resolutions.  The only good thing about the New Year is that gyms often offer discounts and department stores offer their exercise equipment sometimes for half the price.  I wish that I had the time to join a gym. Right now my husband and I are in the process of renovating our new place. If I am lucky, I can get an exercise machine and maybe rebuy the weights I left back in Texas…. Oppsies.  

Today I compared a picture I took on the 1st to that picture from January 2009… you can see a huge difference. Looking back at it, I can’t believe that I had gained so much weight, and that I lost it.


0 comments: