The First Entry

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hello world, this if my first entry to my new weight loss blog. My name is Myra and I am currently 23 years old. For most of my life I have always been a chubby short little Hispanic girl. Losing weight has never been easy for me. Everything I tired never worked. I was an emotional eater. I ate when I was happy, I ate when I was sad, I ate when I was angry and I even ate when I was nervous. I was always the one that gained weight quicker than anyone I knew. After awhile I just gave up and didn’t really care what I ate.

My “ah-ha” moment is when I stepped on the scale and saw that I saw a number that I was extremely mortified by. I had several health problems before that should have pushed me into being healthier like being diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome, having my gallbladder removed and having a miscarriage. None of those pushed me into losing weight until I stepped on the scale on August 2010.  I am not comfortable with reveling my weight at this point, because I still have a lot to lose.  

The point of this blog is to help me keep track of my goal to lose overall 100 pounds and to hopefully to help others with weight loss. I will be posting  everything from my frustrations to my super happy moments.

2 comments:

Marcone Antelius said...

Post some nerdy things too. Although if its just about weight loss I suppose that can be the only subject. :P

Myrahhh said...

I will post some nerdy things, you'll seeeee. :P